Belt And Road Global Youth Leaders Summit 2019
“Belt And Road Global Youth Leaders Summit 2019” was organized by Peking University, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and Shougang Group in Beijing, China (18–23 July 2019).
The exchanges and cooperation among youth leaders from countries along the Belt and Road promote the connection and joint development of Beijing, Hong Kong, and the rest of the world; explores new mechanisms for producing young talents, and builds a platform for the cultivation of youth leadership; boosts the young generation’s engagement in innovation and entrepreneurship.
“Innovation, Responsibility and Development” is the theme of this event. As youth leaders and future pillars of our society, we take the responsibilities like eliminating poverty, offering quality education, and building sustainable communities. Here, we take actions to promote future global sustainable development and help realize the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations with our knowledge in education, science and technology, and culture.
- Keynote Speeches
1. Rachel Wolff, Response Director for World Vision’s Bangladesh refugee response on “The Global Social Responsibility of the Young Generation from the Perspective of Relief Work”
2. The Release of The Development Report of the Global Youth Leaders from Belt and Road Countries by Peking University.
3. An Introduction of the Volunteer Work of the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics by the Organizing Committee.
4. Robert Ainslie, Member of the Board of Directors and Executive Secretary of the Nobel Prize Alliance on “The Young Leaders: to Boost Sustainable Development with Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Strengthening the Integration of Industry, Education and Research”
5. Nicholas Rawlins, Former Pro-Vice-Chancellor at the University of Oxford, Academician of the British Academy of Medical Sciences and the British Psychological Society; Keith Zimmerman, Former University Secretary at the Open University of England on “The Cultivation of Young People’s Awareness and Abilities of Innovation”.
2. We have an opportunity to visit ShouGang Park and the Organizing Committee of the 2022 Winter Olympics, Peking University, and Zhongguancun Science Park.
3. Project Proposals Presentation and Evaluation
We worked with students from Peking University and other people who have strong knowledge of quality education to improve our project about quality education that we did in Hong Kong.
We presented our project and further optimization of the project proposals and won the Outstanding Award at the Belt and Road Global Youth Leaders Summit 2019.
4. Cultural Visit and Culture Night
We visited some popular visiting places in Peking such as The Great Wall & Summer Palace & Shichahai and have a cultural night.